Monday, April 18, 2011

Beer Sprocket


Beer Sprocket was this past Saturday.  I would have to say that it was a success.  I made between 450 and 500 mini cupcakes and when we left at about 8:30 (30 minutes before it was officially over) we were out of cupcakes.  Every last one was gone.

I had made:
pumpkin with cream cheese frosting
red velvet with cream cheese frosting
strawberry with strawberry buttercream
amaretto chocolate chip with cherry buttercream

Who would have thought it, but the red velvet was the hit of the day.  We ran out of those first, followed by pumpkin, chocolate and then strawberry.  It's funny because the red velvet was a last minute addition.

Who also would have thought that Josh, with the help of Jeff, would make me two awesome cupcake stands.  They even had C's on the top of them.  With the stands, the brightly colored napkins, the cupcakes with our C&C toothpicks in them, and our banner, it all looked very professional.  I gave out a ton of business cards too, so we'll see if we can generate a little business from this.

Now I just have to come up with a strudel inspired cupcake for Oktoberfest in September.  I love a good recipe challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment